Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cooking.

Ben and I have crazy work schedules.
For example: Yesterday we left for work at 6:30am and got home at 6:40pm.
HOW CAN I BE A GOOD WIFE AND COOK DINNER?!

well, pinterest has helped.

First I've made this:




















Breakfast Casserole! It was delightful, I made it one night after work, we ate some that night with ice-cream (which is delicious). I just popped in pieces in the microwave in the morning and BAM we had breakfast (delicious and nutritious) for the whole week! I used strawberries and blueberries (fresh) and no chocolate chips or bananas. I recommend this one. It's delightful.

Then Sunday night I surprised myself with a delicious meal:



















Chicken Lo Mein. I never thought I could make "chinese" food and have it taste good. But BY GOLLY I did it! Oh it was so delicious. I had a bag of assorted frozen veggies then I added some fresh zucchini and celery. Oh, it was just so good. I wish I could eat some of that now. (see bottom of post).

And then I sadly made this one:













Okay, looks like nothing could go wrong. Throw it in the crockpot. Chicken, teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, other things I can't remember, and come back from work at night, make some rice and dinner is done!
wrong.
We got home especially late, and it was burned to a crisp. The whole apartment smelt terrible. I think we might have gone to del taco. shoot.

Well, 2/3 not bad!

These are all recipes on my "What's cooking" Pinterest board, if you're wondering :)
Also, we never have leftovers in this family.
It has saddened me since Ben and I started dating. I guess I just need to get into the habit of making too much food ;) practice for those 12 kids that are coming along the road up ahead...tehe.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer on the teriyaki chicken. Maybe you have a timer on the crockpot? Where are the recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the recipes are on my pinterest "whats cooking" board.
    I LOVED the chicken lo mein one. it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete