Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Camping!

Ben and I had Wednesday off of work so Tuesday night we loaded up the car and headed up to the mountains to camp!
We went up to Mt. Charleston, it's about an hour from Vegas and it is actually a forest with mountains!  I was so happy!

Ben convinced me that we should keep the fly off of our tent because we could look at the stars through the night. I though, cool, yeah! ...no. terribly cold. never again.

Also, around 2am Ben and I woke up to the sound of animals outside. So of course we laid there and listened, and listened. We thought they were eating our leftover Jiffy Pop that we had eaten that night (which may I add I have never eaten Jiffy Pop that isn't burned. Except for tonight! Ben cooked it like a PRO!) Anyways, so we finally sit up and we look out the (open) windows and BAM!
There's horses all around!! We both were not expecting that. I counted six horses around our tent. They were just grazing around, it was crazy! We don't know if they were wild or not, but I've never been camping in a place where horses roam around at night!
And I promise this story is true because around 6am I had to get up and go to the bathroom and there was horse poop everywhere! Luckily I decided to not take a picture of that. You're welcome.

Here are some pictures:
Our tent!
Captain packing the car this morning

Our matching campfire chairs!

The hair I woke up to...

Benji eating our wonderful breakfast of POPTARTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment